Effective Date: May 1, 2021
Thank you for using this service, goodkarmafoods.com, which is owned and operated by Good Karma Foods, Inc. (“Good Karma Foods,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
Table of Contents
Scope of This Policy
Good Karma Foods reserves the right to make changes to this Policy. If Good Karma Foods makes a material change to this Policy and/or related practices, including how we collect and/or use personally identifiable information, we will indicate on this Site that our Policy and/or related practices have changed and provide a link to our new Policy. We encourage each visitor periodically to review this Policy to ensure that you will know what personally identifiable information Good Karma Foods collects, how it may be used, as well as to keep you current as to revisions and/or changes to this Policy.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Information You Manually Provide. Good Karma Foods collects the Personal Information you manually provide (using your keyboard, mouse, or touchpad) when you use our Site. For example, we collect the information you provide when you place an order, sign up for our newsletter, ask us a question, or otherwise interact with our Site. Personal Information we collect may include: name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and purchase order history. Good Karma Foods may collect personally identifiable information if you request information from us, participate in a contest or sign up to join our e-mail list.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser. We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes your IP address, the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. Generally, we do not link the information provided by your browser to your Personal Information.
More About IP Addresses. Your IP address is the identifier assigned to your particular computer when you access the Internet. Depending on how you connect to the Internet, your IP address may always be the same, or it may change each time you access the Internet. IP addresses do not include your name, email address or other Personal Information, but in some cases, they can be used to identify you. For example, if you have registered with our Site, we may link your IP address to account information that identifies you personally. We may also provide your IP address to our third-party service providers who can use it to identify information such as your state and zip code. If we suspect inappropriate or criminal activity or a threat to our Site or their users, we may also share our server logs—which contain users’ IP addresses—with the appropriate investigative authorities, who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
- collect information about the ways visitors use our Site—which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- support the features and functionality of our Site—for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits; and
- personalize your experience when you use our Site, including by serving targeted advertisements.
Generally, the information we collect using these web technologies does not identify you personally. If, however, you have created a user account, we may link the information we collect using these web technologies to other information that identifies you personally.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to set the browser of your computer or mobile or tablet device to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is delivered. You may also be able to delete our cookies as soon as you leave our Site. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit our Site, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of our Site.
Information About Third-Party Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
In addition to the cookies Good Karma Foods delivers to your computer or mobile or tablet device through our Site, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Site. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here.
Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile or tablet device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors across nonaffiliated websites and delivering targeted advertisements either on our Site or on other websites.
You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Site. For example, if you don’t want information about your visit to our Site sent to Google Analytics, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. Please note that the Add-on does not prevent information from being sent to Good Karma Foods.
In addition, if you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to our Site or other websites, please click here. You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioral advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on our Site do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies.
How We Use Personal Information Collected Through This Site
Generally, we use the Personal Information we collect through this Site:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes; to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Site; to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to improve our products and services; to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- and for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
Please see below for information about the choices you have about the ways we use your Personal Information.
In General. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information. In most cases, we will ask you to indicate your choices at the time we collect your Personal Information. For example, we will include an “opt out” link in each electronic newsletter or promotional e-mail we send you, so that you can inform us that you do not wish to receive such communications from us in the future.
Do Not Track Mechanisms. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of DNT signals, we currently do not make any guarantee that we will honor DNT signals.
How to Access, Update or Correct Your Personal Information
If at any time you wish to update or correct your personal information, be taken off our mailing lists, please contact our Marketing Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our toll free telephone number, 1-800-550-6731. You may also click here, which will take you to an interactive webform that you can complete and submit to make a request for information that we will then verify. When contacting Good Karma Foods, please provide your name and mailing address to ensure timely and accurate removal or correction of your personally identifiable information. Please give us a reasonable amount of time to honor your request.
Steps We Take to Safeguard your Personal Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information you submit on or through this Site. Unfortunately, no Web site, server or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” We therefore cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
How We Share Your Personal Information With Others
Third–Party Service Providers. Good Karma Foods shares Personal Information collected through our Site with third-party service providers who act for or on behalf of Good Karma Foods. For example, we may use third-party vendors to process orders, design, operate, and/or host our Site, to conduct surveys, and to help us with our promotional efforts. These third parties may need information about you to perform their functions.
With Other Carefully Selected Business Partners. From time to time, we may share your Personal Information with selected third parties (other than our service providers) for their own marketing purposes. For example, we partner with third parties to sponsor contests or other promotions, and we may share with these third parties the Personal Information you submit to us to participate in the contest or take advantage of the promotion. Before doing so, however, we may offer you the opportunity to “opt out” or “opt in” as required by applicable law. In some cases, you will not be able to participate in a contest or take advantage of a promotion unless you consent to disclosure to our business partner of the Personal Information you submit in connection with the contest or promotion.
With Our Licensors, Manufacturers and our Affiliates. We may share the information collected through the Site with our affiliates, manufacturers and licensors (collectively “Other Parties”). Our Other Parties may use the information in all the ways listed in this Policy, provided that such use relates to services authorized by Good Karma Foods.
Within the Good Karma Foods Family of Businesses. We may share information collected through our Site with other companies in the Good Karma Foods corporate structure, including subsidiaries, parent companies, and sister companies existing now or hereafter acquired. These Affiliate companies are permitted to use your information for their own marketing purposes and in a manner otherwise consistent with this Policy.
Business Negotiations. We may contemplate, for strategic or other reasons, selling, buying, merging, or otherwise reorganizing one or more of our businesses. In negotiating with a third party about entering into such an arrangement, we may need to disclose your Personal Information. In such cases, we will take reasonable measures to protect the Personal Information we disclose, for example, by requiring a prospective purchaser to sign a non-disclosure agreement limiting the use and protecting the confidentiality of the Personal Information.
Business Transfers. We may transfer the Personal Information you submit on or through our Site to any organization that acquires or merges with us.
With Third-Party Social Media Platforms. We may provide functionality on our Site that allows you to automatically post information to a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest). If you choose to take advantage of this functionality, people with access to your profile on the third-party platform will be able to see your post. Thus, you should have no expectation of privacy in those actions. Further, if you choose to link your profile on our Site with an account on a third-party social media platform, we may share the information in your profile with that third-party platform. We may also use third-party social media platforms to offer you interest-based ads. To offer such ads, we may convert your email address into a unique value which can be matched by our partner company with a user on their platform. Although we do not provide any personal information to these platform vendors, they may gain insights about individuals who respond to the ads we serve.
In Aggregate or De-Identified Form. We use information collected through our Site to create a compiled, aggregate view of usage patterns. We may share aggregate information with third parties so we and they can better understand our user base. We may also share with third parties information about how particular individuals use our Site, but only on a de-identified basis (“Individualized Data”). Individualized Data is not personally identifiable, but it does reflect the usage patterns of a particular Site user, as opposed to Site users collectively. We may provide basic demographic information (gender and age) in conjunction with providing Individualized Data. Third parties typically use this information for analytical purposes and to market their own products and services.
As Described in a Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as described in any privacy notice posted on a page of this Site where you provide that information. By providing your Personal Information on that page you will be consenting to the disclosure of your Personal Information as described in that privacy notice.
As Described in a Click–Through Agreement. We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as described in any click–through agreement to which you have agreed.
Children Under the Age of Sixteen
Our Site is not intended for children or minors under the age of sixteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted Personal Information on or through our Site without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us using the information provided below so that we can take appropriate action.
Links to Other Sites
This Site contains “links” to other websites operated by third parties. We try to link only websites that share our high standards for content as well as respect for the privacy of the personal information of our customers and visitors. However, we cannot be responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each of these websites before disclosing any personally identifiable information at those websites.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us using the information provided below:
Good Karma Foods
2465 Central Ave, Suite 100
Information for California Residents
California Shine the Light Law: If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request please contact us at the email address above with the subject “Shine the Light Request.”
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
This section supplements our Policy and applies to California residents only. It describes how we collect, use, and share information that relates to you, including through interactions you may have with us outside of our website or a mobile application.
Definitions Specific to this Section
The CCPA includes definitions for terms specific to this section that do not apply to our Policy, including the following terms:
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly to, a particular consumer or household. It does not include publicly available information obtained from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information that cannot be reconstructed to identify you, or certain information governed by existing federal laws.
“Sale” or “sell” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by us to another business or a Third Party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
“Service Provider” means a for-profit entity that processes information on our behalf and to which we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract.
“Third Party” means a person or entity, other than a Service Provider, that collects Personal Information on our behalf or receives it from us.
The Personal Information We Collect and Disclose
Below are the categories of Personal Information we collect and examples of the type of Personal Information in each category. We disclose certain Personal Information to Service Providers and Third Parties for business and commercial purposes. We do not sell Personal Information. This information covers the past 12 months.
- Unique identifiers: this information may include your name and contact details (including mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and other identifying information you provide to us). For example, we may collect your name and email address when you join our mailing list to receive information on our products, coupons or recipes.
- Customer information: this information comprises any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is reasonably capable of being associated with you or your household in our records. Examples include your payment related information that we use to charge for our products, including debit or credit card numbers. All debit or credit card transactions are processed by our third-party payment vendors. We do not collect, store or maintain any credit card or debit card information on or through our website after the transaction is processed and verified. Instead, it is transiently collected, shared with and processed through these third-party payment vendors using their platforms. We do not share your credit or debit card information with any vendors, other than our third-party payment vendors. Some Personal Information in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Internet activity and purchase/electronic history: this category comprises electronic information concerning your use of our Site. This information may include information we automatically collect as you browse the Site, including your IP address, device type or client/user identifier, browser type/identifier, operating system, pages visited and other similar information. We may use services provided by third parties using third-party cookies or tracking technology to provide us with information concerning your website activity.
- Geolocation data: we may determine your approximate geographic location through your IP address in order to market our products at locations, such as retailers, that are nearby to you. Geolocation information is provided to us for use for marketing purposes based on third-party marketers and e-commerce platforms that monitor usage of our Site.
- Inferences drawn from information you provide to create a personal profile concerning your consumer preferences, dietary preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes. We may accumulate the information you provide to develop a consumer profile concerning your behavior and interests, including for our marketing and advertising purposes, and to improve our products.
We will not collect a category of Personal Information not listed above, or use any Personal Information collected in any of the above categories for a business purpose not listed above, without first providing you with notice.
If you reside in California, then you have the following rights:
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to request certain information regarding the Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months. You may make such a request up to twice in a 12-month span. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to the CCPA, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if that is the case.
If you would like to request specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you, please contact our Marketing Department by email to email@example.com or by using our toll-free telephone number, 1-800-550-6731. If you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a verifiable request. You may also click here, which will take you to an interactive webform that you can complete and submit to make a request for information that we will then verify.
Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Information that we have collected. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to the CCPA, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
- If you would like to request that we delete your Personal Information pursuant to the requirements of the CCPA, please contact our Marketing Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our toll-free telephone number, 1-800-550-6731. If you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a verifiable request. You may also click here, which will take you to an interactive webform that you can complete and submit to make a request for information that we will then verify.
After you submit a request as described in this section, we will verify your request before providing you with a response. We will verify your identity by asking you to provide a few pieces of information; if you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a verifiable request. After you submit a request, to ensure the privacy and security of our customers’ information, we may reach out to you for additional information if it is needed to verify your identity.
Financial Incentives and Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of the rights provided by the CCPA set forth in this section. Please note that a legitimate denial of a request for information, deletion, or to opt-out is not discriminatory, nor is charging a fee for excessive or repetitive consumer requests as permitted by the CCPA.
We may provide financial incentives to consumers who allow us to retain and disclose their Personal Information. These incentives may include free shipping and promotion or discount codes on goods or services for consumers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or join our loyalty program. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect Personal Information from you, such as name, email address, and purchase history. The purpose of these incentives is to encourage repeat business with Good Karma Foods and enhance your shopping experience. Good Karma Foods incurs expenses related to these benefits. The benefits provided to consumers (or realized by Good Karma Foods) vary by consumer depending upon the purchases made, which offers a consumer uses, and many other factors. The value of your Personal Information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will present to you when you sign up.
You may withdraw from the incentive at any time. If you have previously opted-in to the incentive below and wish to opt-out or to opt-in to the incentive email email@example.com. Authorized Agents You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf.
Pursuant to the CCPA:
- Only an individual with power of attorney, or a business entity or natural person registered with the California Secretary of State may act as an authorized agent.
- We may require that you or the authorized agent do the following:
- Provide proof of your signed written permission for the authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf – We may deny a request from an authorized agent on your behalf if the authorized agent does not submit proof that he, she, or it has been authorized by you to act on your behalf if we request such proof, as permitted by the CCPA.
- Verify your identity with us directly – This does not apply if you have provided a valid power of attorney to the authorized agent.
Personal Information of Minors
Our websites and mobile applications are not intended for children or minors under 16 years old. Accordingly, we do not store information from minors under 16 years old. If you believe that a child has submitted Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like additional information regarding your rights and this Policy, please contact our Marketing Department here, by email to email@example.com, or by using our toll-free telephone number, 1-800-550-6731.