Peach and Raspberry Mini Pies
Write a review
For the crust
- 2 cups of Gluten Free Flour (we used Living Now)
- 1 stick of cold vegan “butter” (we used Earth Balance)
- 5-8 tablespoons of ice water
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
For the filling
- 1 cup of whole raspberries
- 1 cup of sliced peaches
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375. In a medium sized bowl, add in the flour and whole stick of vegan “butter”. It’s very important that the “butter” is cold and firm. Using a knife, begin to cut the “butter” into the flour until it is blended to the size of small peas. Add your ice cold water, one tablespoon at a time, mixing gently with a fork to blend. Add the apple cider vinegar and stir. Using your hands, being to form the mixture into a ball. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes. While you wait, mix the cut fruit with the sugar and vanilla extract, only letting it sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove dough from plastic wrap. Warm the dough up in your hands slightly before rolling it out. Use a piece of parchment paper under your space, topped with flour. Make sure that your rolling pin is sufficiently floured as well. Using a knife, cut the dough into 5 equal parts and roll them back into little balls. Take each small ball and roll it out using the pin on top of the parchment paper until it is thin. Grease a muffin tin using non-stick spray. Place a thin strip of cut parchment paper into the tin, so that you can use it as leverage to remove the pie after it’s cooked. Using the parchment paper under the dough, transfer each rolled out dough into the muffin tins. You can flip the parchment paper upside down to get the dough into the pan. If it rips, simply use a little water with your finger to repair.
- Begin to shape each individual rolled out piece of dough into the muffin tins. Fill each tin with the fruit mixture all the way to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pies begin to turn golden brown.
- Free from: Dairy, Gluten, Eggs, Nuts.
Good Karma Foods http://goodkarmafoods.com/