Holiday Lentil Loaf
Write a review
Ingredients for the Loaf
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Curry Powder
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- 1 C. Red Lentils
- 3.5 C. Vegetable Stock
- Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 C. Gluten-free Oats
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
Creamy Tahini Gravy
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 C. Tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ C. Good Karma Original Flaxmilk
- 1 tsp. salt
Directions for the loaf
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan with oil and parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot. Sauté onion, garlic and carrots until softened. Add spices and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the lentils, stock and herbs. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Stirring occasionally, simmer the lentil mixture for 20 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the fresh parsley.
- Gradually add the gluten-free oats until the mixture comes together, yet is still moist.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until the top is crisp and browned.
- Turn the loaf out of the pan and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with Creamy Tahini Gravy.
Directions for the Creamy Tahini Gravy
- Puree in a blender until smooth.
- Drizzle over sliced Holiday Lentil Loaf.
- Free from: Dairy, gluten, soy, eggs and nuts
Good Karma Foods http://goodkarmafoods.com/