Good Karma Ham and Potato Soup
Write a review
- 1-3/4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 3 tbsp diced celery
- 3 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup diced nitrate-free ham
- 1-1/3 cups home-made chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white or black pepper
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1 cup Good Karma Unsweetened Flaxmilk
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and broth in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then, cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt Earth Balance Buttery Spread over medium-low heat. Whisk in potato starch with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in Good Karma Flaxmilk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Good Karma Foods http://goodkarmafoods.com/